Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Boys speak in rhythm...

... and girls in code...


That song doesn't really apply totally, and only one person should understand the meaning...


Well, another day down, and a little more French learned. I do think I’m starting to get the hang of everything here, though it still stinks for everyone around me to be talking and I don’t understand much at all. But the longer I’m here, the more I realize you just have to be thrown into the fire to learn how to deal with it. I know that in the end I’ll be the better for it if I succeed.

One thing I haven’t been doing is exercise. I spend a lot of time in my room doing stuff, and I don’t hardly get out and do much. I played tennis Saturday, Sunday, and tonight, so that was good, but I think I’ll get up tomorrow, run 3 miles, and do a boatload of push-ups and abs stuff. I’m sure it will wear me out, but make me feel great!

Last night was really good! I was able to talk to a friend and discuss some big things that have been on my mind recently. It was nice to talk with a friend from home. Though I’ve done it a few times, this was extra good for the day!
The rest of this week will be pretty boring, so I don’t know if I’ll update or not. I’ll see what I have to talk about.

Nathan



----------------
Now playing: UC Band - Cheer Cincinnati
via FoxyTunes


^ Does that surprise anyone?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's good that you're sounding more positive and upbeat! :) It's exciting that you got to play tennis this weekend...I played Sunday and it was so wonderful to play and be outside! May you be sure of God's presence with or without feeling. God bless!