Sunday, April 20, 2008

... And this one belongs to the REDS!

So this turned out to be a pretty good weekend after all. At first I had figured it to be a boring one where I’d stay home and rest some and hopefully do something more than sit at home bored and homesick (usually only comes now when I cannot communicate or am extremely bored). Instead I ended doing so much that I’ll probably be exhausted by Tuesday morning! I think this is a good thing. One downside so far to France is that I’ve not been able to do much exercising, though I figure to do more next month since my friends will mostly be gone.

I swear that it is always raining here, because for the last week or so, everyday we’ve had rain. This constant bad weather, in addition to spending time with friends, has taken all the time I could go run. I’m gaining weight I think. Boo.

Alright, on to my weekend. Friday night my host dad’s mother came to visit for the weekend, so after my relaxing time I went downstairs and got to meet her. She’s a very nice old lady. ☺ So after some conversation time, we went and had dinner.
During this time my host family decided to go to Switzerland, as you may already have read. So that’s what we did.

On Saturday morning, we got into the car for a 2 hour drive to Geneva and got there around noon. After arriving in Geneva, we walked to the awesome fountain in the lake in Geneva. After this we went and had lunch, the up to the Huge Protestant church. After that we walked around Geneva and then came back to Grenoble. I was exhausted!

So today, I woke up at 8:30 and went to an English speaking church about 5 minutes on the bus from my house (probably a 10-15 minute walk)[Sorry Scooter, if you read this ☹]. It was pretty sweet and afterwards the pastor invited me to join him for lunch, if I stayed for the French church that followed. I did and it was good. I stayed at the pastor’s house until around 4, when I felt that I had no idea how long I should stay and decided to come back. I was able to talk about a lot of interesting things with him, and definitely learned a lot from him!

That’s really about it, other than that the Reds won in the bottom of the 10th on back to back jacks by Edwin (who made the costly error to give up 2 runs in the 10th) and Bako to tie the game at 3-3 in the bottom of the 10th. Gagne who didn’t record an out, left after a walk of Hatteberg. Then Freel came in to pinch run and got to second via a infield single by Brandon Phillips. Then Griffey singled to right field to win the game 4-3!


Well, I’ll talk at you all lata. If you want me to post more pictures on here (they’re all on Facebook) let me know.


Nathan

No comments: